IOWA CITY AREA COVID-19 RELATED GOVERNMENT
OFFICES CLOSINGS AND DOING BUSINESS UPDATES
(Updated May 28, 2020)
Many area governments have temporarily changed how business is conducted due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus and Iowa’s State of Public Health Disaster Emergency. Below is what’s currently known.
CITY OF CORALVILLE
- City Hall reopens to the public June 1. Hours are 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Services via phone, mail and coralville.org will continue and residents are encouraged to use those when possible.
CITY OF IOWA CITY
- City Hall (Access to the Iowa City Police Department remains.)
- City Offices
- Landfill and Recycling Center will be closed on Saturdays for all customers — including commercial haulers and contractors — beginning April 4. Monday through Friday hours will continue normally (7 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) for commercial waste haulers and contractors only. Learn more.
- Building inspections services are continuing, with some restrictions in place to protect the safety of the public, builder and contractor partners and city employees.
- Mechanical/Plumbing/Electrical: Life safety issues including no heat, no water, no electrical will be evaluated and prioritized. The city will work with subcontractors on limiting risk during inspections.
- Click here to find further details, including guidelines and modifications.
- Project bids will still be accepted, but bidders must call the office when they arrive at City Hall.
- Office number, for bids or other questions is 319-356-5043 or icgov.org/cityclerk.
CITY OF NORTH LIBERTY
- Access to all government buildings closed to the public indefinitely.
- The city will maintain the essential services, including water, wastewater, fire and police, as well as continue to provide other services remotely.
- Building department staff members are working from home and will continue to perform daily job responsibilities, including processing permits.
- Inspection requests are being handled on the website and via email or by phone. SWPPP inspections will be scheduled between 9 to 11 a.m. and building inspections between 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- For permits, call (319) 626-5713.
CITY OF SOLON
- City Hall is closed to the public however, staff are available by email at email@example.com, by phone at 319-624-3755 or by appointment. City Hall hours: 8-12 &1-4 M, T, TH, F. Wednesday 8-12 & 1-5.
- Essential city staff will resume regular shifts on May 5th while maintaining social distancing and safety practices
- No late penalties or water shut offs will be imposed for non-payment during the month of May
For the latest Solon COVID-19 updates please see the following: http://solon-iowa.com/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=172
CITY OF TIFFIN
- Government facilities are open, however, doing business online or by phone is encouraged. The main number is 319-545-2572.
- City Hall hours have been adjusted until the end of the month, at least. They are: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., M-F.
- Visit tiffin-iowa.org for additional information, direct emails and phone numbers.
- Access to all buildings, excluding the courthouse, will be closed to the public until May 4.
- Many services will remain available by phone or through mail or email contact information for a ll County departments are available on the Johnson County website at johnson-county.com.