- This event has passed.
Building Our PWB From the Ground Up – The Basics of Building
March 22 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This $249 course is being offered to members of the Professional Women in Building (PWB) Council free of charge!
Not a member of the PWB? You can still take the class. Non-PWB members can join for $75 or attend the course for $70.
Complete the PWB Application HERE.
Snacks and lunch are provided. Please RSVP to Karyl by March 21.
The online Basics of Building course builds your housing industry expertise by learning about the residential construction process from the ground up! Those in home building and construction-related fields, like vendors, suppliers, brokers, retailers, builder/remodeler company staff, REALTORs and others will learn what it takes to build or remodel a home. The level of content in this on-demand course is for the novice learner.
Build your housing industry expertise by learning about the residential construction process from the ground up! Those in housing and construction-related fields, like vendors, suppliers, brokers, retailers, builder/remodeler company staff, REALTORs® and others will learn what it takes to build or remodel a home. With that knowledge, you will learn how to build more effective and profitable relationships with the builders and remodelers you work with.
As a graduate of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe product types, current trends and stakeholders in the residential construction industry
- Contrast and elaborate on the sales and marketing functions of the residential construction industry
- Articulate the criticality and complexity of land acquisition and development
- Outline types of financial tools available to support building and remodeling projects
- Assess strategies to strengthen the relationship between suppliers and builders/remodelers
- Explain the critical path of steps in the residential construction process
- Describe the importance of post-construction activities: closing, customer care and after-the-sale service