This course builds on the CAPS I & II courses (which are prerequisites) by introducing design solution techniques, innovative products and best practices for product installation for CAPS professionals to use when creating livable spaces in which to age in place. Participants will engage in hands-on activities from real case studies to apply material learned in all CAPS courses.
By completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Create comprehensive designs for aging in place projects.
- Become familiar with available innovative and specialized products.
- Practice design and installation for key components of in AIP home design.
- Implement techniques of budget integration into design and product selection
- Identify common missteps for design and installation of AIP solutions.
- Review and apply solutions for common single-room modifications cases
- Identify common installation considerations for modifications of a specified space.
- Prioritize solutions in a whole house multi-generational case study while being compliant with budgetary constraints with consideration given to phased construction application.
- Prioritize individual tasks relative to a projects budget and urgency
This course qualifies for: •6 NAHB CE for: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGR, GMB, CSP, Master CSP, CMP, MIRM
The fee is $345 with a $100 discount for members of The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association.