The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association (HBA) represents the strength of the local building industry: builders, remodelers, developers, suppliers, designers, engineers, real estate brokers, accountants and other industry professionals.
As a member of the Iowa City Area HBA you receive full benefits from the Home Builders Association of Iowa (HBAI) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). This three-way partnership means greater value for your investment.
Legislatively, we partner with HBAI and NAHB to represent you at all levels of government and protect your business interests. Additional benefits of being an NAHB member include access to a wide range of products and services throughout the country and discounts and savings opportunities offered by many top companies. All programs, rates and prices are subject to change without notice. Access program information by clicking the NAHB logo below or download an overview of all discounts, including phone numbers and program codes.
Watch the video below to learn more about some of your membership benefits. View our state and national Benefits Brew series to learn about advantages specific to each level.
The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association will continue to give recognition to the building industry and its members.
- Monthly Membership Meetings – Featuring educational informational and entertaining speakers.
- Committees – Promoting membership opportunities, local legislative issues and educational forums.
- Builder’s News – HBA monthly newsletter is published to provide information on topics of current interest to the association and industry.
- Home Show – A showcase of the latest industry products and services marketed to the general public.
- Remodelors Parade – A yearly event held in conjunction with the Parade of Homes to showcase the work of our Remodelors.
- Parade of Homes – This annual event is designed to showcase new home construction, trends and styles.
- Community Service Projects – The Association continues to support the community through various projects.
- Website (iowacityhomes.com) – The Association website promoting members, Parade Homes, Remodelors Projects and industry-related articles.
- Councils – Four strong councils promoting the development community, the remodeling industry and women in the industry.
- Education – A strong educational program supported by the University of Housing. Designations can be earned for builders, remodelors and associates.
The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association continually gives recognition to the building industry and its members. It takes great pride in the fact that Iowa City, Coralville and North Liberty are among the fastest-growing metropolitan areas in the upper Midwest.
The Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association creates a positive image in the building industry and generates support for development in these communities and surrounding areas. HBA will work closely with local leaders to develop ordinances and policies, which will enhance growth and future development while maintaining a focus toward quality.
- Establish a business partnership with HBA.
- Promote professionalism in the building industry.
- Stay competitive in the marketplace by utilizing resources through your local membership.
- Foster a positive business atmosphere, protect building rights and promote the affordability and availability of housing in this community.
- Become involved in your local, state and national legislative and regulatory actions on behalf of the industry.
- Access the full membership benefits available to you through NAHB and HBAI.
- Stay informed on all of the latest building trends and upcoming technology.
- Expand your network by attending the monthly membership meetings.
- Meet people from the industry – business associates and friends.
HBA Membership Benefits
- Build with a Professional Association
- Expand Educational Opportunities
- Increase Business Contacts