Sample Text for Recruiting ICHBA Members
More members makes our Association stronger! Feel free to use all or some of the text below when recruiting potential members. You can also click here to download a membership application.
Good morning/afternoon, [PROSPECT NAME HERE]!
[ADD TEXT HERE AS RELEVANT, E.G. I’M EMAILING TO FOLLOW UP ON OUR CONVERSATION THIS MORNING; FOLLOWING UP ON MY VOICE MAIL MESSAGE, ETC. OR SIMPLY START WITH NEXT SENTENCE.] I’m contacting you regarding [INSERT CONTACT/BUSINESS RECRUITING NAME HERE] becoming a Greater Iowa City Area Home Builders Association (HBA) member.
Joining will help you stay on top of industry trends, gain invaluable knowledge and make the connections to stay competitive in today’s changing marketplace. The Iowa City Area HBA is the most important group of industry professionals I’ve ever been involved with, and it advocates for affordability and livability in our communities. When you join you also gain membership in HBA of Iowa (HBAI) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB). The national network of home builders’ associations across the country are made up of business people like you: entrepreneurs, craftsmen, innovators, problem-solvers.
That 3-in-1 membership deal means access to numerous benefits. A few of those are:
- Promotions. The Parade of Homes/Remodelers Parade, Iowa City Area Home Show and sponsorships are fantastic ways to market your business. Builders, remodelers and subcontractors on parade homes are listed on our parade website, app and guidebook, distributed to 35,000 homes and racked throughout the corridor. You can also sign up for one or more of our numerous sponsorship opportunities and gain publicity among members and the community. Home Show participation reaches a wide audience too.
- Advertising. You get a chance to advertise at discounted rates in Builders News and our annual printed membership directory.
- Publications Access. You’ll receive a Corridor Business Journal (CBJ) subscription; Builders News – our local publication distributed monthly in the CBJ; Builder Magazine; and The Nation’s Building News.
- Networking Opportunities. Monthly membership meetings and social events are an excellent way to build relationships and garner business. Your first two meetings are free through our Gold Card Program.
- Advocacy. Membership brings representation at government local, state and national levels. Our Legislative Committee meets bimonthly.
- Educational Opportunities. Receive local, state and national online and onsite classes.
- Savings Programs. Members saved an estimated $29 million in 2020 nationwide through NAHB discounts, while builders and remodelers earned an average $1,495.13 with HBAI’s rebate program.
- Business Planning. Small Business Growth Partners offers members free small-business assessment and planning through the HBA of Iowa.
- Benefits. HBA of Iowa has put together a group health plan and more.
The biggest thing I’ve gotten out of my membership is [INSERT SHORT STORY HERE].
Ready to sign up? Visit www.nahb.org/join, click “Join Now” and enter zip code 52240. If you have questions about how an Iowa City Area HBA membership can help solve your business challenges, I’m happy to discuss things further, or provide additional information. You can also call the Iowa City Area HBA at (319) 351-5333.
Thanks for your consideration.
[INSERT NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS]